Kate Spade New York launched its newest touchscreen smartwatch, the Sport Smartwatch, powered with Wear OS by Google and the Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 3100 platform. This fun and feminine Sport Smartwatch is dressed in three colorways—black and lilac, pink and red, and evergreen and black—and is designed to keep women connected during their active, everyday lives.
“Our customer is adventurous—she loves all kinds of activities, and is always looking for accessories that fit into her everyday life. The new Sport Smartwatch does exactly that,” shared Nicola Glass, Kate Spade New York Creative Director. “We’ve incorporated some of our most iconic design elements, including the spade and scallop detailing, to give the watch a distinct Kate Spade New York look and feel; while the silicone strap and light weight design gives her the functionality she needs without sacrificing style.”
New design elements include silicone straps with eye-catching plunge detailing – a nod to the plunge seen in the shape of a spade – along with a glass fiber reinforced resin color-pop case, a lightweight aluminum topring with scallop edging, and a signature pink enamel pusher. This pusher activates the fan favorite “choose your look” micro app, which allows users to select a dial customized according to her outfit. Kate Spade New York smartwatches are known for their playful and whimsical digital dials, and a new “spades” dial features floating spades that move when she does.
From running and biking to dancing (and everything in between), the Sport Smartwatch uses Google Fit™ to track activities throughout the day. While in “workout mode,” Google Fit can continuously track heart rate, making it easy to see if your heart rate is in your ideal range. Google Fit also makes it simple to change and track steps and activity goals, and notifies users on goal progress and completion.
Other functionality includes:
- Heart Rate Tracking: Track your workouts and see your heart rate across multiple types of workouts using Google Fit™ or third-party apps—also press the spade at the 12 o’clock hour to check your heart rate at any time.
- Untethered GPS: Leave your phone at home when going for a walk, hike, ride, or run with built-in GPS that records the distance right on your smartwatch.
- Proactive Help from the Google Assistant: Get things done on the go with help from the Google Assistant on your wrist.
- Music: Keep the dance party going anywhere at any time, connect and control Spotify from your wrist.
- Google Pay™: Make purchases via your NFC-enabled smartwatch using Google Pay
* Google Pay available in select countries
- Weather: Rain or shine. In real-time. Weather updates as you need them.
- Training Apps: For when you’re ready to sweat. Easily sync your workouts to compatible training apps.
- Swim Proof: Water resistant up to 3ATM. Shower or swim. Use third party apps to track pool workouts.
Retail Price: $275.