To celebrate Women’s History Month, DICK’S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) unveiled a new advertising campaign this week, Inside Moves, to showcase the powerful women who help lead the Company’s efforts to ensure that girls and women everywhere receive the opportunities they deserve — both on and off the field of play.
The goal of the campaign is to reach female consumers and establish their connection to the female leaders at DICK’S Sporting Goods in order to affirm that DICK’S is a brand and company that will fight to champion women and address their concerns and needs. The leaders highlighted in this campaign, in order of appearance, are:
- Julie Lodge-Jarrett, Chief People Officer
- Carrie Guffey, Senior Vice President, Merchandising
- Nina Barjesteh, Senior Vice President, Product Development
- Melissa Christian, Vice President, Marketing
- Toni Roeller, Senior Vice President, Store Environment
- Kim Walker, Senior Director, Visual Merchandising
- Aimee Watters, Executive Director, DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation
- Lauren Hobart, President & Chief Executive Officer
The campaign was developed by creative agency, Badger & Winters. “DICK’S has a team of incredible leaders who are writing a new playbook for women and girls in sports. Lauren and the team recognize the power sports has to change the trajectories of girls’ lives. Our agency is so proud to be a part of their efforts,” said Madonna Badger, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Badger & Winters.
Already in 2021, the Company has made several efforts to champion women, while highlighting the importance youth sports play in the lives of girls including:
- A commitment by The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation to donate 100,000 DSG Brand sports bras over the next 18 months to under resourced female athletes across the country.
- The formation of the Company’s first-ever Girls’ Power Panel for girls ages 13-17 with the goal of giving a younger generation of females a voice to provide general insights on sports issues and input on product offerings.
- A National Girls & Women in Sports Day social challenge, #StrongerWithSports, aimed at showcasing the strength girls and women gain by participating in sports. Candace Parker, Sydney Leroux and Morgan Simianer were among the group of today’s female sports advocates and leaders supporting the challenge.
- The launch of the second annual Brooks Running “Empower Her” collection. The product line is currently available in DICK’S stores nationwide and online at dicks.com.
“While the campaign focuses on several of the women on our leadership team, I can tell you that our entire company is all in on supporting girls and women in all walks of life,” said Hobart. “Along with our partners, we will work tirelessly to ensure that we have the products and programs that speak to current and future female athletes.”
Moving forward, the Company will continue to support these efforts through increased product assortment, in-store programs, a series of marketing initiatives and product donations.
This new campaign and 2021 initiatives follow the Company’s actions taken in 2020, when The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation provided a $5 million grant to the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s United for Girls initiative, began a partnership with USA Softball, expanded women’s offerings in-store and online and launched a marketing campaign celebrating the power of the sports bra.